Placement and Work Pass Services

Application | Renewal | Cancellation

Work Permit | S pass | Employment Pass

Work Permit

firstcare employment pte ltd

Our Services cover

  • Advice on Work Permit eligibility and enquire quota balance
  • Submission of Work Permit application 
  • Keep track on Work Permit application status 
  • Responding to & discussion on additional documents/information to submit for assessment (as requested by MOM Officer) 
  • Arrangement to issue Work Permit card

At a glance 

  • Our charges: Enquire
  • How long it takes:  Within 1 week, unless more information is required.


  • A non-Malaysian foreign worker must not be in Singapore at the time of work permit application. 
  • If this the first time you are applying for a Work Permit, you may authorize Firstcare Employment Pte Ltd to submit the declaration of business activity on your behalf.
  • The duration of the Work Permit is usually 2 years, but it may be shorter depending on: 
    1. Validity of the worker’s passport: validity will be 1 month before the passport expires. 
    2. Duration of the security bond: validity will be 2 months before the security bond expires.

Who it is for

Foreign workers from approved source countries working in the construction, manufacturing, marine shipyard, process or services sector. Find out the eligibility criteria.

Steps for applying:

Use the quota calculator to plan how many Work Permit your company can hire based on your sector and workforce. For your most up-to-date quota, 

Submit a work permit application

Processing time: within 1 week. Some cases will take more time. 
Documents required for Firstcare Employment Pte Ltd to submit an application:
  • EA Authorization form for WP application (Company representative need to fill in a copy of EA Authorization form for application (Declaration by employer) as attached, sign & company stamp and email us a copy together with the representative’s NRIC Copy.) 
  • Consent letter to apply for a WP (Completed by applicant & employer) 
  • Applicant’s passport showing the personal particulars 
  • Applicant’s highest Academic certificate (Bachelor’s degree/ Diploma / O Level / etc) with English translation

Prepare for worker's arrival 

Steps to prepare before your worker’s arrival in Singapore.
  • Submit Work Permit Application.
  • Before the worker arrives:  
    1. Buy a security bond (for non-Malaysian workers).  
    2. Buy medical insurance for the worker.

When the worker arrives 

  1. Register the worker’s residential address and mobile number using the Online Foreign Workers Address Service (OFWAS) – at least an hour before requesting for the pass to be issued. 
  2. Send the worker to any Singapore-registered doctor for a medical examination  – within 2 weeks of arrival. 
  3. Print and complete the Security Bond form.
  • For sole proprietorships and partnerships, the form should be signed by the sole proprietor or partner. 
  • For private limited companies, it should be signed by a directors who is registered with ACRA. If the director wishes to appoint an employee to sign the form, he must provide a written authorisation to MOM.

Get the work permit issued 

  • A Malaysian:
    • After entering Singapore
    • Before the short-term visit pass (i.e. immigration white card) expires
    • Before the due date stated on the in-principle approval (IPA) letter
  • A Non-Malaysian
    • After entering Singapore
    • Within 14 days after arriving in Singapore
  • Changing to a New Employer
    • Before the current Work Permit expires
    • Before the due date stated on the IPA letter

Work permit to be issued: 

  • Provide an address (home or office) where the card will be delivered. 
  • Nominate up to 3 authorised recipients to receive the card, and provide their IC/FIN/Passport number, mobile numbers and email address. 
  • After the Work Permit is issued, print the notification letter.

The notification letter: 

  • Is valid for 1 month from the date of issue. If you need to extend it because of other travel plans, complete and send the request form to MOM. 
  • Should be given to the foreign worker. It allows them to travel in and out of Singapore while waiting for the Work Permit card. 
  • States if the worker needs to report to MOM Services Centre – Hall C to register fingerprints and photo. 

Register fingerprints and photo

Within 1 week after pass is issued (if required) 
Check the notification letter for whether the worker needs to register at MOM Services Centre – Hall C. If it is required, the worker needs to register within 1 week of issuing the Work Permit. 
You must make an appointment for the worker to register. 
For the appointment, the worker should bring:

  • Original passport 
  • Appointment letter 
  • Notification letter 
  • Documents listed in the notification letter 

Receive the work permit card

When: 4 working days after registration
- MOM will deliver the Work Permit card to the given address 4 working days after the worker registers and gets documents verified. 
- For workers who do not need to register, MOM will deliver the card 4 working days after verifying their documents. 
- The authorised recipients will get an SMS or email with the delivery details at least 1 day before delivery. 
- Can also help check the card delivery details in WP Online.

If card delivery fails

After unsuccessful deliveries, you’ll have to collect the card at the service desk of MOM Services Centre – Hall C. 

You or an authorised person can collect the card 3 working days after the second attempted delivery. You don’t need an appointment for collection. 
Bring along these documents:

Return the old card

If the worker was already holding a pass for working or long-term stay in Singapore, you must return the old pass card. 

For a work pass or long term pass issued by MOM, post it back to the Work Pass Division, Ministry of Manpower, 18 Havelock Road, Singapore 059764. We can use the “card return” function in WP Online to:

  • Check if MOM have received the card. 
  • Tell MOM why you are unable to return the card. 
For a Special Pass or long term pass issued by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA), return it to ICA. These include the Long Term Visit Pass and Student Pass. 

You don’t need to return a Disembarkation/Embarkation card (immigration white card) to ICA.