We help employer apply, renew & cancel Singapore S Pass services
We use EP Online to perform S Pass transactions such as applying, checking status, issuing, renewing and cancelling. Employment Pass and S Pass holders.
The S Pass allows mid-level skilled staff to work in Singapore. Candidates need to earn at least $2,200 a month and have the relevant qualifications and work experience.
Our Services cover
- Assistance in completing the self assessment tools with MOM
Pre-application information and advice on Spass
- Filing of SPass application
- Tracking SPass application status while under processing
- Liaise with Direct MOM officer in charge when necessary
- Responding to MOM’s request for additional information as necessary
- Arranging for issuance of SPass upon in-principle approval
At a glance
- Who can apply: Appointed Employment Agent - Firstcare Agency (EA).
- How much it costs: Enquire
- How long it takes: Within 3 weeks, unless more information is required.
Steps for applying:
Use the quota calculator to plan how many Spass your company can hire based on your sector and workforce.
Submit an Spass application
Processing time: within 3 weeks. Some cases will take more time.
Documents require for Firstcare Agency to submit an application:
- PDF- EA Authorisation form for S pass application (Company representative need to fill in a copy of EA Authorisation form for application (Declaration by employer) as attached, sign & company stamp and email us a copy together with the representative’s NRIC Copy.)
- PDF - S Pass Application Form (Form 8)
- Applicant’s passport copy
Applicant’s highest Educational Qualification certificate (Bachelor’s degree/ Diploma / Technical certificates)
- Applicant’s immigration white card (both front and back sides) if he/she is currently in Singapore
Who is eligible,
The S Pass is for mid-skilled foreign employees (e.g. technicians) who meet these criteria:
- Fixed monthly salary of at least $2,200. The salary should reflect work experience. Older, more experienced applicants need higher salaries to qualify.
- A degree or diploma. MOM may consider technical certificates, such as courses for qualified technicians or specialists. The certification should include at least 1 year of full-time study.
- Years of relevant work experience.
Application for an S Pass is open to all nationalities.
We use the Self-Assessment Tool (SAT)
to get an indication of whether an applicant meets the requirements. Candidates can also use the tool to assess their eligibility.
If the SAT shows that the candidate is eligible, there is around a 90% chance that the candidate will get a pass.
What is the duration:
Up to 2 years.
Is it renewable:
Passes for family:
Pass holders who have a fixed monthly salary of at least $5,000, are eligible for a Dependant’s Pass
for their spouse and children.
Employers can submit the application together with the S Pass application or separately at a later date.
Quota or levy:
Yes. Employers are subject to a quota and levy for S Pass employees.
Medical insurance: Employers must provide medical insurance for S Pass holders.
S Pass quota and levy requirements
The number of S Pass holders you can hire is limited by a quota.
You must also pay a monthly levy for these workers.
What is the foreign worker levy
- The foreign worker levy, commonly known as “levy”, is a pricing mechanism to regulate the number of foreign workers in Singapore.
- As an employer, you must pay the levy for all your S Pass holders.
- The levy liability starts from the day the S Pass is issued and ends when the pass is cancelled or expires.
- You have to pay the PDF - levy using GIRO.
- There are ongoing yearly changes to the levy rate as announced in Budget 2016.
If you have never applied for a Work Permit or S Pass, you need to declare your business activity for calculating your quota.
Under the quota, the number of S Pass holders your company can hire is capped at:
- 15% of the company’s total workforce in the services sector.
- 20% in all other sectors.
Employers who exceed the quota will need to increase their local workforce or reduce the number of foreign workers.
For all sectors, the S Pass quota will be counted within the Work Permit quota.
The daily levy rate applies only to S Pass holders who did not work for a full calendar month.
The daily levy rate is calculated as follows: (Monthly levy rate x 12) / 365 = rounding up to the nearest cent.