Placement and Work Pass Services

Application | Renewal | Cancellation

Work Permit | S pass | Employment Pass

Employment Pass
firstcare employment pte ltd

Our Services cover 

  • Assist employing company to assess the candidate’s eligibility for an Employment Pass using Self Assessment Tools before the submission of application and provide professional advice (if applicable).  
  • Submission of Employment Pass application 
  • Keep track on Employment Pass application status 
  • Responding to & discussion on additional documents/information to submit for assessment (as requested by MOM officer)
  • Arrangement to issue Employment Pass 

At a glance 

  • Our Charges: Enquire
  • How long it takes: Within 3 weeks, unless more information is required. 

Submit an Employment Pass application 

Processing time: within 3 weeks. Some cases will take more time. 
Documents required for Firstcare Employment Pte Ltd to submit an application: 

  • PDF - EA Authorisation form for Employment Pass application (Company representative need to fill in a copy of EA Authorisation form for application (Declaration by employer) as attached, sign & company stamp and email us a copy together with the representative’s NRIC Copy.)
  • PDF - Employment Pass Application Form
  • Applicant’s passport copy showing the personal particulars
  • Applicant's Highest Educational Qualification certificate (Bachelor’s degree/ Diploma / Technical certificates)  with English translation

Who is eligible 

The Employment Pass is for foreign professionals who: 
  • Have a job offer in Singapore. 
  • Work in a managerial, executive or specialised job. 
  • Earn a fixed monthly salary of at least $3,600 (more experienced candidates need higher salaries). 
  • Have acceptable qualifications, usually a good university degree, professional qualifications or specialist skills. 
Application for an Employment Pass is open to all nationalities.

Note on salaries: 

  • Young graduates from good institutions can qualify if they earn at least $3,600. 
  • Older, more experienced candidates need higher salaries to qualify.

Note on acceptable qualifications: 

  • MOM don't have a list of approved institutions. Instead, MOM evaluate each application on its own merit, based on a wide range of criteria such as global and country rankings, and enrolment standards. 
  • Candidates without acceptable qualifications may not necessarily be rejected. Similarly, having acceptable qualifications does not guarantee approval. 
  • MOM look at other factors such as proven track records and exceptional skill sets on a case-by-case basis. Application for an Employment Pass is open to all nationalities.

Self-Assessment Tool: 

We use the Self-Assessment Tool (SAT) to get an indication of whether an applicant meets the requirements. 
It is an online tool that assesses if a person is likely to qualify for an Employment Pass or S Pass based on the information you provide. These include salary, highest qualifications attained, nature of work and work experience. 
It does not guarantee the actual outcome of the application. This is because there are checks, such as employer’s quota (for S Pass) and candidate’s history, that are not considered in this self-assessment tool.
If the SAT shows that the candidate is eligible, there is around a 90% chance that the candidate will get a pass.

Jobs Bank 

As part of the Fair Consideration Framework, employer may be required to advertise job opening on the Jobs Bank before submit an Employment Pass application. 
The advertisement must be open to Singaporeans and run for at least 14 days. 
If employer makes major changes to the advertisement during this time, the advertisement must extend it for another 14 days.   
Read the full requirements.  

Who is exempted from the Jobs Bank advertising 

For practical reasons, company is exempted from the Jobs Bank advertising requirement in any of these cases:
  • Your company has 25 or fewer employees. 
  • The job position is paying a fixed monthly salary of $12,000 and above. 
  • The job is to be filled by an intra-corporate transferee (ICTs). Under the World Trade Organisation’s General Agreement on Trade in Services (WTO GATS), ICTs refer to those holding senior positions in the organisation or have an advanced level of expertise. 
  • The job is necessary for short-term contingencies (i.e. period of employment in Singapore for not more than one month). 
All companies are strongly encouraged to advertise their job vacancies on the Jobs Bank for access to a larger pool of Singaporean candidates, even if those jobs are eligible for advertising exemption. 
All companies are expected to have fair employment practices that are open, merit-based and non-discriminatory, even if the job vacancies are exempted from advertising.


Any company found to have nationality-based or other discriminatory HR practices will face scrutiny from MOM and have their work pass privileges curtailed.

If you are an overseas employer that does not have a registered office in Singapore: 
  •  You need to get a Singapore-registered company to act as a local sponsor and apply on your behalf. 
  • The local sponsor must apply manually.
 The candidate will still need to meet the Employment Pass criteria.

Appeal a rejected Employment Pass application 

MOM have tightened the criteria for the Employment Pass to raise the overall quality of our foreign workforce. Unfortunately, not every application will be successful.
You should only appeal if you can address the issues in your rejection advisory. There will be no change in the outcome unless there is new information in the appeal.
You need to submit your appeal within 3 months of getting the rejection. If you miss this time period, you will have to submit a new application.

Passes for family of Employment Pass holders 

As an Employment Pass holder, you can get certain family members to join you in Singapore if you meet the eligibility requirements.

From 1 January 2018, work pass holders will need to meet a minimum salary criteria of $6,000 to enjoy dependant privileges.
Family Member Pass Type
Legally married spouseDependant’s Pass
Unmarried children under 21, including those legally adoptedDependant’s Pass
Common-law spouse
Long Term Visit Pass
Unmarried handicapped children above 21
Long Term Visit Pass  
Unmarried step-children under 21
Long Term Visit Pass
Parents (Only for EP holders earning at least $12,000)
Long Term Visit Pass  

How to Apply

To apply, employer will need to submit a separate application for each family member. The application can be submitted together with the Employment Pass application or separately.
Find out more about the requirements and application process for Dependant’s Pass and Long Term Visit Pass.

Employer will need to submit a separate application for each family member. The application can be submitted together with the Employment Pass application or separately. Visit the Dependant’s Pass and Long Term Visit Pass pages to find out more about the requirements and the application process.