Placement And Work Pass Services

Employment | Application | Renewal | Cancellation

Work Permit | S Pass | Employment Pass | Letter of Consent

Dependant's Pass

The Dependant's Pass allows spouses and children of Employment Pass or S Pass holders to join them in Singapore.

You can apply for a Dependant's Pass for your family if you meet these requirements:
  • Hold an Employment Pass or S Pass.
  • Earn a minimum fixed monthly salary of $6,000.
  • Are sponsored by an established, Singapore-registered company (usually your employer).
For dependants of EntrePass holders,
You can get a pass for the following family members:
  • Legally married spouse.
  • Unmarried children under 21 years old, including legally adopted children.
If your family members are not eligible for a Dependant's Pass, they might qualify for a Long Term Visit Pass.

Working in Singapore

Dependants of Employment Pass holders, EntrePass or Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) holder can get a Letter of Consent to work in Singapore if they find a job here. 
Dependants of S Pass holders will need to apply for a Work Permit, S Pass or Employment Pass instead. They will have to meet the eligibility criteria for these passes. 
  • Dependant’s Pass holders who get an Employment Pass or S Pass are required to cancel the Dependant's Pass.
  • For S Pass dependants who get a Work Permit, the Work Permit’s validity period will be tied to that of the S Pass holder’s pass.

Documents required for Dependant's Pass

You need to submit documents such as copies of passport details and birth or marriage certificates along with the Dependant's Pass application.

You will need these documents to apply for a Dependant’s Pass:

  • Copy of the personal particulars page of the candidate’s passport.
  • For children who share a passport with their parent, you must also submit the parent’s personal particulars page.

Depending on the family member applying, you will need to submit these additional documents:

  • Spouse (legally married) -  Copy of the marriage certificate  
  • Unmarried children under 21 years -  Copy of the official birth certificate stating the parent’s names
  • Unmarried, legally adopted children under 21 years - Copy of the adoption order or other relevant documents

MOM may ask for other documents when they review your application. For non-English documents, you must submit the original document and an English translation. The translation can be done by a translation service provider.